2005 Concord Pike, Suite 203
Wilmington, DE 19803

Delaware Modification & Enforcement Lawyer

Modifications in Alimony, Custody and Child Support Decrees in Delaware

Because needs and the ability to meet them may change after a divorce, a former spouse can always ask the Delaware Family Court to increase or decrease the amount of alimony or child support, or change the terms of child visitation arrangements. Asking isn’t always the same as getting, however. If you have questions about the likelihood that modification of a post-divorce obligation will be granted in your case, or if you need help enforcing the terms of your former spouse’s commitments, contact experienced family law attorney Joseph Wahl at Wahl Family Law.

Joe can review the facts of your situation and see whether a change in your circumstances can justify a judge’s decision to lower the amount of your child support obligations, or raise the amount of your alimony. He can also examine your child custody or visitation arrangements to see whether problems at your former spouse’s residence might support an order that primary custody be switched to you. In Delaware modification will usually only be ordered on a clear showing of materially changed circumstances, and Joe knows how to assemble and present the necessary evidence in the right case. Better yet, he can often obtain an agreement for modification that can save you the uncertainty and expense of a Delaware court hearing.

Joe also knows how to avoid and resolve enforcement problems in the Delaware Family Court when one spouse or the other defaults on alimony or child support payments. Violations of child support orders are especially serious, and the Family Court has a wide range of options for enforcing these obligations. Enforcement tools range from garnishment to action against a driver’s license or professional license, and can even be punished by contempt of court. No matter which side of an Delaware enforcement proceeding you find yourself on, Joe can advise you and work toward a resolution of the problem, and represent your interests in Family Court as necessary.

For additional information about Delaware support modification issues or Delaware child support enforcement problems, contact Wahl Family Law.

Please note, all information herein is provided for general informational purposes only. The information herein is not intended as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Different factual scenarios may yield different results. In addition, several other factors must be considered in each individual case, and those factors can only be ascertained by speaking directly to an attorney.

Contact an Experienced Delaware Child Support and Alimony Enforcement and Modification Lawyer

Schedule your initial consultation today by calling 302-658-2834. The initial consultation fee is $500.00

Contact Joe Wahl